According to reports in Spain, Barcelona star Lionel Messi has told the club the three players he reckons they should target to strengthen their side.
The Argentinian international holds a great measures of influence both on and off the field at the Nou Camp and it wouldn’t be the first time the player had given advise to the club over their transfer affairs following claims that earlier this year, he had told the club six players should leave this summer.
And now, Spanish media outlet Don Balon claim Messi has already met with new boss Ernesto Valverde to tell him which areas of the side need improving most – with two Premier League names on his wishlist.
They claim Messi has told Valverde that the club should target one of Philippe Coutinho or Riyad Mahrez to enhance their creativity, with PSG star Marco Verratti another name the Argentine superstar has suggested.
Amongst the three, it’s Mahrez who is likely the most obtainable; since the Leicester man and 2016 Player of the Year having recently submitted a transfer request to leave the club.
Mahrez has been heavily linked with Arsenal after manager Wenger admitted his liking of the Algerian player over the weekend, but a move to the Spanish side would be too good to refuse should they intend to follow up on Messi’s advise.
While the Brazilian star (Coutinho) link to Barcelona is not a new gist, though both the player and Liverpool have denied any talk this past month a deal could take place.
Meanwhile, Verratti would cost around £60million, and his future at PSG has been the subject of deliberation for some months.
Barca have also been linked with a move for Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin and report in Spain on Monday claims the Catalan giants were preparing a £45million approach for their former Academy talent.